Thursday, August 21, 2008

Goat Breakdown

We are breaking down whole, dressed goats tomorrow in meat fabrication class. How awesome is that? My teacher reserved them for us to make sure that none of the people who work in the meat room break them down on us.
Everybody in class seems pretty excited about it. This is kind of hard for me to understand considering the vast majority of people in the US would be appealed to even watch this occur. Honestly I think they should know where their food comes from so they have more respect for it. Most of them think of the package at the store and that is about as far as it goes. The fact that everyone else is excited lets me know that I am finally with my peers. I just hope people can control themselves and don't start playing with the carcasses because my teacher will take them away from us and just do the fab himself like he has to other classes before.
It all makes me wonder what students at other culinary schools are doing tomorrow. Are they breaking down entire animals or pumping out mass amounts of food every day to feed thousands of people or are they just feeding people within their classroom? I don't know, but I do know that my camera will be going to class with me tomorrow. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Broke Student Donations Welcome





No comments: