Monday, August 18, 2008

MEAT

Today was my first day of meat fabrication. It was pretty fun and pretty damn funny. The funny part is people were cutting themselves in less than 5 minutes after they had begun fabricating a beef shank (my time is sure to come too though). The shitty part however is that class starts at 6:30 in the fucking morning. It was a rough wake up. A very rough wake up, but I did manage to make it to class on time and that is what is important. I just am thankful that I live on campus. I know people that commute up to 45 minutes and that sucks.
We fabricated beef shanks, top rounds and watched a demo on shoulder clods today. We only get to spend the first half of our class in the meat room and the rest, unfortunately is lecture in the class room. We broke all the beef down into stew meat, roasts (which we tied off) and collected the usable trimmings to grind into burger.

Broke Student Donations Welcome





No comments: