Friday, September 5, 2008

Here fishy fishy

Fish is over! I thought that I would be happy about this, but I am not. Class had a very rough start. Not just for me; for everyone in the class.

Clark was out of control the first couple of days. Well, maybe not out of control, but you get the point. I was scared to even pick up my knife when he was nearby. It was as though he expected perfect execution from us our first time doing a task.

The start was also hard since we were directed to take notes during demonstration. Trying to watch what Chef Clark was doing, listen to what he was saying, take notes of what he was doing and saying and then do what he just did was no easy task. I ended up with poor notes, little learned and no idea what the hell I was doing when it was my turn. By class three I had decided that I would only take notes during lecture.

Seven days after class started Clark had become nice, he had become funny (still blunt though) and he became very helpful. You began to want to cut things while he was around just so he would stop and let you know how to do it a better way. The fact that I was paying better attention and not taking notes made it so that I knew everything that was going on by day seven. It just got so much better.

Now fish is over and I am going back to that production kitchen on Monday, during my free time to help cut some more fish. Seven days ago that would not have been the case. I will admit that I am not going to miss my clothes stinking of fish, but I will miss that class even though it had some “tough love.”






Broke Student Donations Welcome





No comments: